Hi!
I have three servers, all of which are running Apache: F is the failing server, P is the main production server, and I is the interim server.

Our current site is here on server F (failing server):

http://cota.csulb.edu

That server is failing - I need to get the site off of that server immediately. I have posted a new version of the site on server P (the good production server):

http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/cota

Everyone has been using "cota.csulb.edu" so I can't just kill off that DNS name. The normal thing to do would be to update the DNS entry and point it to server P (production server) and update the VirtualHost entry on that server - the problem is that it can't be done for another couple weeks (IT department won't do it right away as it involves restarting all of the servers and a whole change management process).

So, what I would like to do in the interim is to point the DNS entry to server I (interim server) which has Apache running on it and just forward all cota.csulb.edu users straight over to http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/cota - it doesn't even need to keep the same URL in the address bar - I just need the user transferred over to the new site location.

This seems like it should be an easy thing to do, but I honestly have no idea how to do it and I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks!
Mike