On 24.12.2010 02:16, Nick Kew wrote:
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:16:48 -0800
David Long<dl...@lynden.com>  wrote:

Hi,
I am getting error when trying to compile 2.2.17 with ldap authentication
support on Solaris 10 Sparc server.

Insufficient information - I see more than one likely cause.

First thing to do is to separate out the APR and APR-UTIL builds:

1. Build APR, run tests, and install
2. Do the same for APR-UTIL.  This is where you'll have to configure
    ldap support, and get the most meaningful error messages if there's
    a problem.
3. Now build httpd using --with-apr and --with-apr-util pointing to
    what you just installed.

First, I download Mozilla ldap c-sdk

That's not the 'usual' ldap.  Not sure how well-supported it
is, since I've not used it myself.  But building apr-util and
running its tests will tell you that - if it fails, try
OpenLDAP and report back whether it makes a difference.

... or simply building against the bundled Solaris ldap client libs which will be detected automatically.

Regards,

Rainer