On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes but when we receive request it is not from the end user but other
> host. For eg:
>
> User ->  server A (prepares file) -> (http request that need load
> balancing) Our host
>
> So it's server A actually making the request not the user but we need
> to load balance user because this user can sign off and connect again
> to server B. And if server B connects to other data center before file
> is replicated then that will be a problem.

If you control server A, then it is simple. At least for the load
balancer I am used to using (HAProxy). You can stuff some client
identifying information into a header, cookie, or querystring before
generating the request to the load balancer.

Then write some rule in the load balancer config to direct traffic
based on that rule.

http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.3/doc/configuration.txt

I would be really surprised if a product like F5 does not allow this
level of sophistication. If not, then I would drop it and use
something more flexible.

Of course nothing bars you from running a proxy like HAProxy in front
of the load balancer to do some intermediary processing that allows
you to take advantage of some other F5 feature.

Maybe figure out what format F5 uses for it's cookies, and forge one
with the request from server A. Or forge it at an intermediary proxy.