On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Appreciate all the input! Those things were already part of my list
> that are mentioned in this email.
>
> What I was trying to point was that we are really in restrictive env
> where server A can't be changed and 3rd party may not agree to change.
> So I was wondering if there is something like caching on Apache
> servers or something similar that can help. So if user A with id "A"
> comes to site 1 and if that user is actually supposed to be in site 2
> then redirect. Or may be some better solution on similar lines.

Understood, without direct access to the system, and a wealth of
information, we can't answer that question for you. There is probably
some identifying information there, but you can't tell us what it is
and we can't look for it, so our hands are tied.

I have developed systems in the past where I glob the user agent and
some other headers from clients and hash those to use as an
identifier. The same browser will produce the same identifier, and can
be used to identify the user in absence of anything else. But I don't
know what headers or other details are in your HTTP requests. I don't
know what there is to work with.

Anyway, good luck!