As subject specifies, I have problem with running Apache on SSL only.
I tried to use 'ab' and tested port 80&  443 both. port 80 is too fast
than running the server with port 443.

SSL needs a source of random data. What source have you told Apache to use? Note that it is possilble that some sources will block until random data becomes available -- if that is happening, then it might account for the slowdown you are seeing.

The source of random data is controlled by the SSLRandomSeed directive. See:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslrandomseed

I run Apache under Linux, which has a good, non-blocking /dev/urandom implementation. Thus, I use the following directives in my Apache global server configuration:

SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/urandom 512
SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/urandom 512

However, this may or may not be appropriate for your situation -- your hardware and usage patterns are very different from mine.

Also, this may not be the source of your problem. But it is the only idea that came to mind. Hopefully other people on the list will have better suggestions.

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org