I have an application server behind that may output chunked responses,
and would like to use compression for them as I do for ordinary

1. Is that possible with mod_deflate?

2. If it is, is it possible that mod_deflate works by chunks and
Apache builds and sends chunked compressed responses on the fly,
instead of dechunking, buffering, and sending a response with
Content-Length (which would defeat the benefits of the original
chunking).

3. If that's possible, I guess Apache would still buffer
DeflateBufferSize bytes (right?). Does getting that cofiguration
parameter down to 100 bytes or something like that degrade compression
too much?