I just want to revisit this on-list again. Yehuda has help tremendously, thank
you Yehuda. I have the front end server set for proxy(reverse) in the httpd
file:
<VirtualHost ifolder.teknerds.net:443>
ServerName ifolder.electrichendrix.com
ProxyPass /ifolder https://192.168.123.4/ifolder
ProxyPassReverse /ifolder https://192.168.123.4/ifolder
</VirtualHost>

I have the modules loaded in loadmodule.conf:
LoadModule proxy_module                   /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module
/usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy_http.so

Vhost-ssl.conf has this entry:
<VirtualHost _default_:443>

        #  General setup for the virtual host
        DocumentRoot "/srv/www/htdocs"
        #ServerName www.example.com:443
        #ServerAdmin webmas...@example.com
        ProxyPass /ifolder https://192.168.123.4
        ProxyPassReverse /ifolder https://192.168.123.4

Here are the logs on the front end server:
[Mon Feb 20 21:36:22 2012] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid for the
URL /ifolder. If you are using a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy
submodules are included in the configuration using LoadModule.

Here are the logs from the backend server:
There aren't any for this request.

SSLProxyEngine is set to on on the backend server.
What we get when we access the frontend server is Access forbidden.
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.
Error 403

Can anybody offer any assistance?

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Chris Arnold < carn...@electrichendrix.com >