On 01.03.2012 17:19, Juergen Daubert wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 03:38:10PM +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 12:34:22 +0100
Juergen Daubert<j...@jue.li>  wrote:

Any ideas or suggestions?

Set Loglevel to debug, or if necessary high-level trace,
for the relevant modules.

Thanks for the hint but I've tried that already, with no result.

Even with a

LogLevel cache:trace8
LogLevel cache_disk:trace8

there's nothing in the logfile. To verify the syntax I've done the
same for the proxy module with proxy:trace8 which works, meaning a
lot of traces in the logfile.

The strange thing is that everything works with apache 2.2.x, so
my guess is that there are either new but undocumented configuration
switches or we have a regression in 2.4.1.
BTW, I've found another report for probably the same issue, see [1].

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user/98771

Could it be some VHost config merging thing? Cache defined in the main server, but requests handled in some VHost? I don't have much experience with mod_cache, but I vaguely remember some VHost config support being added or improved in 2.4.

Double check, that your rquests are actually handled by the global server and if not, copy or moce the cache config to the correct VHost and retest.

HTH

Rainer