Thanks for the reply.
I have used the mod_proxy . Changed the httpd.conf to have 2 tomcat
instances in cluster.
<Proxy balancer://testcluster stickysession=JSESSIONID>
BalancerMember ajp://127.0.0.1:8009 min=10 max=100 route=node1 loadfactor=1
BalancerMember ajp://127.0.0.1:8019 min=20 max=200 route=node2 loadfactor=1
</Proxy>
Tomcat clustering works perfect. If Tomcat instance 1 ( node1 ) is shutdown
, the request is serviced by instance 2 .

I would like to have Apache HTTP Server also in cluster and avoid the single
point of failure of Apache HTTP server i.e if one instance of Apache HTTP
server is down, the application should still work.

I did not find any configuration setting to make 2 Apache HTTP servers
instances into a cluster.

Appreciate your help.

Durga Prasad