I recently switched from Apache-2.2.14 to Apache-2.4.2.  In the entire time
we ran 2.2.14 I don't recall seeing a response code 408.  Since we switched
two weeks ago we average about 30 - 35 a day.  Our server is not heavily
loaded.

The RFC definition of response code 408 is "Request Timeout, the client did
not produce a request within the time the server was prepared to wait."

All of these 408's are arising from background (AJAX) requests in the
browser that are well known to be very short  (16 bytes of data coded as an
HTTP GET).

Which parameter have I set to short?  Looking at the Apache docs there
don't seem to be any obvious choices.

Thanks for your help.

John