On Monday 21 May 2012 13:16:35 Yehuda Katz wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM, motty.cruz <motty.c...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > **
> > when i take 5 out i get server error, but httpd-error.log does not
> > tell me nothing actually it does not report any errors on the log.
> > i'm confuse. I have a similar server running Apache22 and PHP52, if I
> > installed Apache22 and PHP52 on this new server it works perfectly
> > fine, but when I installed php54 i get this server error. any
> > suggestions?
>
> It could be a PHP error (if you have display_errors off and log_errors
> off, then you will get a 500 error in your browser and nothing in the
> error log). You need to post more of your config. Specifically, you are
> looking for lines similar to:
> <FilesMatch \.php$> OR <FilesMatch \.php5$>
> SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
> </FilesMatch>
This sounds similar but not the same as a problem I incurred in April when
using PHP 5.4.0 on Apache 2.4.1.

See if your child processes segfault every time a PHP script is called.  If
so, the raw (text/html) for the script is sent to the client.  The solution
is to use one of the previous (5.3.x) versions of PHP.

John