started with php build. 1st real error is a syntax error in the embedded
sqlite.

After building an external version of sqlite (3.6.22 was the last one I had
downloaded, haven not looked for a new one) I am stopping for the night.
Will keep posted.

Question: what are the minimum modules (e.g. gd, jpeg, etc. that need to be
included. By default most of these are not
being found. my approach will be to get php tp compile with minimal
arguments to ./configure and then add extra statements as needed.

Michael