Le 18.08.2012 11:56, Alex Bligh a écrit :

> --On 18 August 2012
11:35:29 +0200 Denis BUCHER
> wrote:
>
>> OK, but my problem is that
when I detect an "offending" process (using too much memory), it's
already too late ! The strace will only show mmaps until "[crit] Memory
allocation failed" ! Do you have a suggestion on how I could "intercept"
these processes before the problem happens ?

> rlimit maybe.
>
> I'd
suggest something is trying to allocate a 'negative' amount of memory.

The real answer is to locate the bug. If you really want to do that,

build/install debug versions of your s/w, attach gdb to the running

process, and ask for a backtrace.

Do you think there is a way to strace
all apache processes, just waiting for the bug to happens ?

Something
like "follow all child process/fork" ?

Denis

Links: