Mind sharing the proxy rules? From your strace looks like you get file not
found error for the bot urls so might be something related. Also maybe more
detailed description of your setup might help like how many servers and
apps you are running is the database on the same box is the same apache a
proxy as well and any other third party stuff you might be using.