On 3/3/2013 11:40 AM, Pranav Kumar Ojha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently installed latest version of Apache2.2 on windows 7. I am
> operating as an administrator with username as 'adminuser' on this
> machine. The apache webserver is installed at this location: 'C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\' on this computer and all
> folders have write permission for 'adminuser'.
>
> After installing Apache 2.2 I made sure the basic "It works!" page was
> shown properly and the sample script which shows environment variables
> also works fine, but when I use a python-based simple CGI script, I get
> 'Internal Server error', although this script works fine when run
> standalone. This script only takes in a name in a text box and says
> hello to that name on 'Submit'.
>
> The main problem is that in logs folder, I do not see any access logs or
> error logs being created for this internal server error in the logs
> directory. My current 'LogLevel' is defined as "debug" in httpd.conf.
>
> *Why are error/access logs not being written in apache's "logs"
> directory ? *
> Log dir location: 'C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\logs'
> *
> *
> Thanks,
> Pranav

How are you starting Apache? Are you running Apache as a service? Or are
you starting it from the command-line?

If you are running Apache as a service, then Apache will have the
effective permissions of the account under which the service is running
(not the permissions of your user account).

If you are starting Apache from the command-line, then you need to be
sure that you launch the command prompt (cmd.exe) with "Run as
Administrator" and then start Apache, e.g., with "httpd --console".

-Ben