On 4/13/2013 7:45 AM, georg wrote:
I have seen some documentation that indicate that some version (2.2?) of Apache is
included in the fedora dist.
Does anyone have any information of how to find such a package and whether these
are good things or if I should go for downloading other version

In a terminal on my Fedora 16 I do this to see what version I have installed:
~>  rpm -q httpd
httpd-2.2.21-1.fc16.x86_64

2.2 is fine for me but I just use it to test my work locally.

I would use the yum package manager to see what upgrades are available. Maybe:
~>  yum check-update httpd

View the yum manual page for more information on package management and updating:
~>  man yum

If you wanted a newer version than is available at the fedora upgrade repos yum looks at you could build from source.