To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] fedora - apache

I believe since around Fedora 15, all network devices take on a new naming convention based (see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ConsistentNetworkDeviceNaming). So looking explicitly for ifcfg-eth* in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts would be the case if you're passing kernel boot parameter 'biosdevname=0'.

'lspci' had already been mentioned, and I'd also look in ys/class/net/ -> see what devices were found and it will map back to it's PCI bus location.

Case in point, if all that came back on 'ifconfig -a' was loopback, then you don't have the module loaded to support that NIC device, it's not bootstrapped to be an 'onboot' device, module is blacklisted (doubtful, but check /etc/modprobe.d), or something else I'm entirely overthinking or not grasping this morning.

-A