You might also check that the ENTIRE ifcfg-eth0 configuration is there.  I
installed RHEL6 and the file was truncated for some reason.  Fedora is very
similar so could have made the same error.

FYI, the entire file should look more or less like this:

DEVICE="eth0"
BOOTPROTO=none
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE="Ethernet"
UUID="be94de20-47e0-441a-ab6b-454a17ae89ed"
HWADDR=50:46:5D:06:BA:DB
IPADDR=192.168.1.18
PREFIX=24
DNS1=192.168.1.1