Hello,

I'm attempting to set up a site with a mixture of mod_auth_kerb and an in house
mod_perl2 auth handler we wrot. Basically what I need to do is when you hit the
root of the site if "REMOTE_USER" isn't populated and you're on the LAN
redirect to a page under mod_auth_kerb that sets a ticket and if you're outside
our LAN redirect to a page where our users can manually log in. My rewrite rule
never seems to see "REMOTE_USER" as populated even though I'm using
"LA-U:REMOTE_USER" so the rewrite rule keeps kicking in and redirecting over to
the mod_auth_kerb page which redirects back to Apache. I've searched google and
the lists here and I can't seem to solve the problem. Here's my current
configuration:

   <Location /kltest>
          AuthType Site::SSO
          AuthName sso
          PerlAuthenHandler  Site::SSO->authenticate
          PerlAuthzHandler   Site::SSO->authorize
          require valid-user
   </Location>

   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteLog /var/log/apache2/rewrite.log
   RewriteLogLevel 5

   # Redirect to pass through authentication if internal
   #
   RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^10\..*$
   RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} !(.+)
   RewriteRule ^/kltest/env$ https://sso.lhsc.on.ca/signauto/in [NS]

   # Redirect to manual authentication if external
   #
   RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} !(.+)
   RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}     !^10\..*$
   RewriteRule ^/kltest/env$ https://sso.lhsc.on.ca/sign/in [NS]

"Site::SSO" is our in house Apache2::AuthCookie auth handler, the ticket for
this is set once you authenticate to one of the pages on "sso.lhsc.on.ca" and
"REMOTE_USER" is set if I remove the rewrite rules but mod_rewrite never sees
anything in "REMOTE_USER". What am I missing?

Thanks,
Keith.