Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 03/03/2014 05:40 PM, Keith Lawson wrote:
>> Hello,
>>    # Redirect to pass through authentication if internal
>>    #
>>    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^10\..*$
>>    RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} !(.+)
>>    RewriteRule ^/kltest/env$ https://sso.lhsc.on.ca/signauto/in [NS]
>>    # Redirect to manual authentication if external
>>    #
>>    RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} !(.+)
>>    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR}      !^10\..*$
>>    RewriteRule ^/kltest/env$ https://sso.lhsc.on.ca/sign/in [NS]
>> "Site::SSO" is our in house Apache2::AuthCookie auth handler, the
>> ticket for this is set once you authenticate to one of the pages on
>> "sso.lhsc.on.ca" and "REMOTE_USER" is set if I remove the rewrite
>> rules but mod_rewrite never sees anything in "REMOTE_USER". What am I
>> missing?
>>

> I suspect that you might be able to do the same thing with
>
> ErrorDocument 403  https://sso.lhsc.on.ca/signauto/in
>
> and avoid the convolutions of mod_rewrite here. Assuming your in-house
> mod_perl auth handler returns a 403 on auth failure.

Actually that's how Apache2::Authcookie works. So with a single login page it
redirects to a form that you configure. My challenge here is that I need to
redirect to different authentication pages depending on the IP the request
comes from.

I ended up solving the problem by implementing it in the authz handler but
unless I'm reading the documentation incorrectly it should be possible with
mod_rewrite too.