A couple ...

1) dynamically creating virtual hosts w/o a separate config file for each
one, and being able to specify a vhost name that might be different than
the user name

2) uploads to work without file permissions problems... can apache upload
using on-the-fly or random ownership to a given area. that just isn't easy
enough.