On 10/07/14 18:12, Igor Cicimov wrote:

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:51 AM, dE <de.tec...@gmail.com <mailto:de.tec...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi.

    I'm in a situation where I got 3 certificates

    server.pem -- the end user certificate which's sent by the server
    to the client.
    intermediate.pem -- server.pem is signed by intermediate.pem's
    private key.
    issuer.pem -- intermediate.pem is signed by issuer.pem's private key.

    combined.pem is created by --

    cat server.pem intermediate.pem > combined.pem

    Issuer.pem is installed in the web browser.

    The chain is working, I can verify this via the SSL command --

    cat intermediate.pem issuer.pem > cert_bundle.pem
    openssl verify -CAfile cert_bundle.pem server.pem
    server.pem: OK

    However the browsers (FF, Chrome, Konqueror and wget) fail
    authentication, claiming there are no certificates to verity
    server.pem's signature.

    I'm using Apache 2.4.10 with the following --

    SSLCertificateFile /tmp/combined.pem
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /tmp/server.key

Try this:

$ cat issuer.pem intermediate.pem > CA_chain.pem

  SSLCertificateFile server.pem
  SSLCertificateKeyFile server.key
  SSLCertificateChainFile CA_chain.pem

Tried this on Apache 2.2 (SSLCertificateChainFile does not work with 2.4) with the same issue.