On 10/07/14 22:42, Daniel wrote:
SSLCertificateChainFile is deprecated in 2.4 in favour of SSLCaCertificateFile

    On 10/07/14 18:12, Igor Cicimov wrote:

    On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:51 AM, dE <de.tec...@gmail.com
    <mailto:de.tec...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Hi.

        I'm in a situation where I got 3 certificates

        server.pem -- the end user certificate which's sent by the
        server to the client.
        intermediate.pem -- server.pem is signed by
        intermediate.pem's private key.
        issuer.pem -- intermediate.pem is signed by issuer.pem's
        private key.

        combined.pem is created by --

        cat server.pem intermediate.pem > combined.pem

        Issuer.pem is installed in the web browser.

        The chain is working, I can verify this via the SSL command --

        cat intermediate.pem issuer.pem > cert_bundle.pem
        openssl verify -CAfile cert_bundle.pem server.pem
        server.pem: OK

        However the browsers (FF, Chrome, Konqueror and wget) fail
        authentication, claiming there are no certificates to verity
        server.pem's signature.

        I'm using Apache 2.4.10 with the following --

        SSLCertificateFile /tmp/combined.pem
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /tmp/server.key

    Try this:

    $ cat issuer.pem intermediate.pem > CA_chain.pem

      SSLCertificateFile server.pem
      SSLCertificateKeyFile server.key
      SSLCertificateChainFile CA_chain.pem

    Tried this on Apache 2.2 (SSLCertificateChainFile does not work
    with 2.4) with the same issue.

No, you can see it here --

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatechainfile

   when |SSLCertificateFile
   <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatefile>|
   was extended to also load intermediate CA certificates from the
   server certificate file.