On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 3:35 PM, David Aronchick <aronch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I understand it's not a best practice to run Apache in single process mode
> for most situations, but what about inside a Docker container?
>
> My goal is to have the logs & errors output to stdio/stderr, and to have
> the entire container get killed if the process dies.

You might get a useful answer from this mailing list but I wouldn't bet on
it.

I'm going to assume that by "single process" you meant "single user". Since
in the context of UNIX like operating systems there really isn't anything
like a "single process" mode. There is, however, the concept of "single
user" mode which typically means (modulo modern concepts like SELinux) an
OS environment that automatically grants superuser privileges over a
privileged port (e.g., the "console")  and inhibits automatically starting
daemons such as the Apache HTTP server.

Also, there is nothing about a Docker container that constrains you to
single user mode as far as I know (but I'll admit I've only read about
Docker and never used it.

Having said all that I'll point out you're probably asking the wrong
people.  Asking how to have Apache HTTP server log all its output to stdout
and stderr is certainly an appropriate question for this mailing list. But
you didn't really ask that question. Similarly you can't reasonably expect
anyone on this mailing list to know how to configure a Docker container to
die if the Apache HTTP server dies. Nor how to start an Apache HTTP server
daemon and have its output written to stdout and stderr in a manner that
can be collected by whatever software monitors the output of a Docker
virtual machine.

--
Kurtis Rader