I appreciate your feedback. I apologize for providing additional context
about my question, I won't do that in the future.

All I'm looking to do is run Apache in single threaded non-forking mode,
and output all its output to stdio/stderr. I thought that some folks on
this list might have done that before (inside or outside a Docker
container) and wanted to know how to do that. As the language in the
documentation implied that -X would do this (but should NOT be used for
production purposes), but did not explain _why_ it should not be used for
production purposes.

I had tried -DFOREGROUND before, but had not tried -DNO_DETACH. I'll do
that.