I may be wrong, but I believe you are looking for this (to keep apache
attached to the shell):

http://zroger.com/blog/apache-in-the-foreground/

You could also take a look at this, as it may already be taking care
of what you seem to be looking for:

https://github.com/bitnami/bitnami-docker-apache

It the first link, writing to stdout/stderr is achieved by setting
|cat as the log file, while in the second, a symlink to /dev/stdout
and /dev/stderr is used.

Hope it helps :)

Cheers,

Juanjo.

> On Sat, 2015-10-24 at 21:11 -0700, Kurtis Rader wrote:
>

>> I'm going to assume that by "single process" you meant "single user".
>
> If you read the docs, you'll find single process mode
> described ("httpd -X").  It has nothing to do with single
> user.  I regularly run it in single-process mode for debug.
>
> Having said that, I'm no better placed than you to
> answer the OP, as I don't know docker and don't
> follow the OP's motivation here.
>
> --
> Nick Kew

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Time to die.