Hi all,

I have a scenario where i have different instances of the same application
deployed on different boxes and we call those instances as app1, app2.

and the actual URL for both will be like this :

http://host_name1:app1_port>/app/WebObject/app.woa   ....for app1
http://host_name2:app2_port/app/WebObject/app.woa    .... for app2

I have tried the configuration in apache like this :

#For app-1

   RewriteRule ^/app1$ /app1/ [R]
   RewriteRule ^/app1/(.*) /app/WebObjects/app.woa/$1 [P]
   ProxyPass /app/WebObjects/app.woa/ http://host_name1:app1_port
/app/WebObjects/app.woa/
   ProxyPassReverse /app/WebObjects/app.woa/   http://host_name1:app1_port
/app/WebObjects/app.woa/

# For app-2

   RewriteRule ^/app2$ /app2/ [R]
   RewriteRule ^/app2/(.*) /app/WebObjects/app.woa/$1 [P]
   ProxyPass /app/WebObjects/app.woa/ http://host_name2:app2_port
/app/WebObjects/app.woa/
   ProxyPassReverse /app/WebObjects/app.woa/   http://host_name2:app2_port
/app/WebObjects/app.woa/

and I try to access the page like this :

http://apache_host/app1    and http://apache_host/app2

The first page comes up fine (and actually it is same for both the apps),
However if i click on any other page, it ends up going to app1 only

reason i think is, this part ( /app/WebObjects/app.woa ) of the URL is
common for both and may be webserver gets confused whom to forward the
request.

can someone help to get around this problem?

Regards,
Chetan Jain