On 01/12/2016 01:58 PM, Rose, John B wrote:
> Can you elaborate on this a bit?
>
> "..the server pool is smaller than Apache's server pool, causing
> too much thrashing. (See the pm.min_spare_servers and so on)"

Sure. The way that php-fpm works is that there's a php-fpm daemon, and
requests for whatever.php are proxypass'ed over to it. So there must be
at least as many threads over on the php-fpm side as you have active
over on the httpd side, or there will be thrash in creating those
threads when the time comes.

So basically you need to line up the php-fpm config with your httpd
config, or at least have more threads on the fpm side.

pm.min_spare_servers (and max_spare and start_servers) are php-fpm
configurations, which you'll find somewhere in /etc/php-fpm.d or
whatever your particular distro calls it.