Hello everyone,

now that I have a self-compiled httpd, I of course would like to test its
features, or rather if all features are working right when it is running. Is
there a way to test my build in general?

One specific thing that I want to test is LDAP. I know that a combination of
system LDAP and system SSL works in my case, but I also know that when I use a
self-compiled LDAP, something isn't working right. I can do an ldapsearch on
the command line, I can build a PHP file and use the PHP cli and it works, but
when I make requests over http that end in the use of LDAP functions,
something's not right. So how do I test my httpd LDAP functionality isolated?

My httpd build has --enable-authnz-ldap, --with-ldap, --with-ldap-include and
--with-ldap-lib configured. I also don't really know
- if I even need the authnz plugin (doing no basic authentication if I'm right)
- what possible values the --with-ldap switch can get and what it does (I know
it is for apr)
- why the --with-ldap switch doesn't work like other switches (e.g.
--with-ssl=/path/to/ssl)
- if I even need ldap support in apache if I only use ldap in php scripts

Any pointers?

Regards,
Daniel Poggenpohl