On 09/26/2016 07:08 PM, Milt Spain wrote:
> CGI, itself, is not a problem. Getting the HTTPD and VHosts
> configurations set correctly so the cgi files are found is the problem.
> As noted before, everything works as intended with the Apache 1.3 server
> version but does not on Apache 2.3. Of note is the fact that specific
> authorization (placed within the Virtual Host) to access the cgi
> directory was not required in my Apache 1.3 application.
>
> I wasn’t sure I could simply upgrade to 2.4 so I chose to go with 2.2.
> There are also some changes within 2.4 that require getting used to. At
> this point I had just as soon run 1.3 on the Windows 2012 server if I
> could get it to work and learn/practice with 2.2 or 2.4 on the side
> until I know everything is working properly (I will have four or more
> websites on the server when all is set up). I’ve tried every VHost
> configuration that I can think of and Apache 2.2 does not find the cgi
> file when called. On Apache 1.3 the file is found and executed.
> Something, somewhere, within Apache 2.2 config is incorrect. I haven’t
> been able to find it and I’ve looked at documentation from everyplace
> and everyone I can find or contact.
>
> Presently the DNS for minorityrecruiter.com points to my old server and
> Apache 1.3. Go to www.minorityrecruiter.com
> <http://www.minorityrecruiter.com> and click CGI TEST PAGE. You will get
> a return --- It Works!!.

Actually, I get a not found there, too. Note, however, that the HTML
inks to http://www.minorityrecruiter.com/cgi-bin/testcgi while in your
initial note you say that the correct file path is testcgi.pl

Adding a .pl on the end of url makes it work. Well, "work" in the sense
that it calls the cgi program, generating a Server Error.

 When the DNS is pointed at the IP address of my

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon