Thanks for all the feedback. I do think I've finally found the culprit. Apache 1.3 combined with Windows Server 2003 paid little or no attention to the Shebang line in my Perl cgi programs because everything worked. The #!/user/bin/perl opening (a carry over from use of the files on a Unix machine) worked just fine in Windows even though that wasn't the location of Perl. That apparently isn't so with Apache 2.2 and Windows Server 2012. Some have suggested that #! Perl will work but I didn't find that to be the case. The real and full path is apparently required as the Shebang. In my case #!C:/Perl/bin/Perl seems to be the solution.

Hopefully I won't have any further problems.

-----Original Message----- From: Rich Bowen
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:12 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Configuration Problem - VHosts on Apache 2.2

On 09/27/2016 04:06 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
Actually, I get a not found there, too. Note, however, that the HTML
inks to http://www.minorityrecruiter.com/cgi-bin/testcgi while in your
initial note you say that the correct file path is testcgi.pl

Adding a .pl on the end of url makes it work. Well, "work" in the sense
that it calls the cgi program, generating a Server Error.

I'm getting an "it works" message now, so it looks like you figured
something out. Meanwhile, I do strongly recommend that you go ahead and
to to 2.4. 2.4 is 5 years old now, and 2.2 will be End Of Life very,
very soon.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon