On 18/06/2017 16:38, Frank wrote:
You probably have another <Directory> block that has AllowOverride set, for the / path or another. Inspect all files shipped by CentOS, and the ones you modified.

I only have one config file, since I merged all of the others in to it that I needed. I already double checked that there are no other AllowOverride directives that could be affecting this. The only others are in other virtual hosts in separate directories not above the one I tested. Also setting `AllowOverride None` on the root directory block prevents it, which it wouldn't if another directive were causing the problem.

Thanks
Nigel