You may also need to look into whether you have a static or dynamic IP
address.  Many Consumer ISP packages provide dynamic, so the public IP
address changes periodically, often a day or two in my experience.  Also
note this won't be the IP address of your host machine, but the IP assigned
to the router.

--
Jonathon Koyle