On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:27 PM Jerry Malcolm <techst...@malcolms.com <mailto:techst...@malcolms.com>> wrote:

    I'm running a very recent version of WAMP x64.  I inherited an
    'ancient'
    php app that requires php 5.2 and no higher.   I went through the
    process of adding php 5.2 to WAMP, and I copied php5apache2_4.dll
    from
    php 5.6 folder and did the other things in the instructions to add
    a php
    version to WAMP.  But now apache won't start and says it can't
    find the
    php5apache2_4.dll file.

    I've seen several posts about this error message, but they all
    reference
    different versions.  And I know the dll is good since it works
    fine on
    php 5.6.

    My question is... is Win64 Apache 2.4 and php 5.2 a valid
    combination?
    I don't want to continue beating my head against the wall only to
    find
    out that this combination is simply not possible.  If it is valid,
    then
    I'll continue debug.  If not, I'm in a mess... but it's not a
    configuration issue...

You can never combine 32 bit loadable modules in a 64 bit Apache
httpd process. That means x64 is going to require mod_php 64 bit
built against the 64 bit httpd 2.4 and 64 bit php 5.2, in your example.

The sysinternals tool depends.exe for 64 bit can quickly show you
missing dependencies, and whether the loaded exe/dll/so file was
64 or 32 bits.

Thanks for the quick response, William.

It appears that the answer to my question is that there is NOT an x64 php 5.2.  It is only 32 bit.  (64-bit started with 5.3). I found a link on ApacheLounge to a personally-built x64 php 5.2.  But the link is dead.  Does anybody else have a private-built x64 php 5.2? Alternative, has anybody had any experience with running both a 32-bit Apache and 64-bit WAMP on the same box? Or is that even possible?  I know I'd need to have one on different ports, but I could redirect certain urls to the other port.  Is this a horrible idea?