On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 9:52 PM angel Hall-Coulston
<rammstein...@me.com.invalid> wrote:

> Try this:
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/programs/rotatelogs.html

I appreciate the tip, and I believe the use of Apache's own log rotation
would allow me to sidestep the problem.

However, Apache's rotatelogs isn't quite as feature rich as logrotate, and
logrotate has been a de-facto standard on Linux for a very long time, so
I'm really curious about why I can't safely use it to reload Apache as I've
done for the past ~20 years.

Incidentally, I've been able to reproduce the "scoreboard is full" error on
a different CentOS 8 server by using simulated connections and running
"systemctl reload httpd". So it appears that the default settings are not
sufficient to avoid this.

Oddly, I'm not finding this problem widely reported. Do the default
settings for the Event MPM tend to work for most installations?

Thanks.