> > If people are asking for advice on PHP then advise them on PHP or don't
> say anything.
> > Don't start advising them about Java.
>
> Please... I am not even making remarks about you asking openssl questions
> at httpd.

So, is this wrong forum for asking about openssl commands required for
generating certificates for enabling https on apache?

I can easily look at openssl website or other websites and look how to
create self signed certificates. However, I was not sure if that would work
on apache. That's why I asked here.

Most of the websites showed how to generate .pem certificates, but after
reading about ssl/https on apache website, I saw that apache requires .crt
certificates.

Obviously, I can figure out this whole thing if I read whole openssl manual
and apache ssl configs, etc. but I don't want to invest time in that and I
was looking for a quick solution and that's why I posted here.

> I think most people will understand that I try to make you see the
> difference between developing an application and how it is hosted/used what
> ever, operate within your area of expertise.

I know this and I told you that I want to hard code https. Now, please tell
me how can my idea go wrong?

Please don't tell me how other people's unrelated ideas went wrong.

Let's have a meaningful discussion.

I don't work for any company.

I do freelancing. I am doing this project for a real estate client. So, its
only me who will do everything and decide everything - development,
testing, maintenance hosting, hard coding, migration, https, ssl, etc.

I would really like to know how my idea of hardcoding https can go wrong?