On 27 December 2013 23:12, GESCONSULTOR - Óscar Bou
<o....@gesconsultor.com>wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> Dan, some days ago you commented the possibility to accelerate the
> workflow by integrating with JRebel.
>
> Just to mention, seems on the Ninja Framework they have achieved something
> similar as detailed in [1].
>
> This functionality is introduced at [2], where it references an article in
> [3].
>
> Perhaps it's a different approach to accelerate the Isis workflow.

Thanks for this, Oscar.

However, in  [1], they say:

*You start Ninja’s SuperDevMode in a console. Then you edit a Java file in
your IDE and save it. Your IDE will then compile your Java file to a class
file. Ninja’s SuperDevMode recognizes that and restarts Ninja within a
second. You can then switch to your browser and verify that your changes
work at http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/> . *

So I don't think this will work, because Isis takes rather longer than a
second to build up its metamodel.

I'm pretty certain that JRebel is the right way to go ... I spoke to one of
their evangelists at a conference in November, so reckon it'll work.  We
can invalidate Isis' metamodel ok (the
DeveloperUtilitiesServiceDefault#refreshLayout() method), the only real
unknown is how to invalidate the DN metamodel similarly.

Let me go ask Andy Jefferson about that...

Dan