From: Dan Haywood [mailto:d...@haywood-associates.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2015 10:43 AM
To: users
Subject: Re: Compuond objects

It is possible to map java domain classes to views instead of tables.

Estatio has a couple of examples... perhaps Jeroen could dig out a link for you
(I'm typing this on my phone).

Alternatively, yes, you could use view models. These then programmatically
combine the data.

On your particular use case I would inject the repositories for the "backing
entities".

One point to beat in mind is that Isis will handle view models with
collections, it only serializes the state of the view model's properties (the
determine the url of the view model). The workaround is to make the collection
derived, using @Collection(notPersisted=true), and return is results by
requerying the appropriate repository.

Again, Estatio has some examples, I think

Hth
Dan.
On 5 Nov 2015 15:16, "Cesar Lugo" <cesar.l...@sisorg.com.mx> wrote:

> Hello. I have the need to create some objects that are compound from
> some other domain objects (similar to a "view" in a relational
> database, updatable views). Let's say I have Business with businessId
> and name properties, 1:n to another entity named BusinessLocation with
> properties businessLocationId and name and address properties (to keep
> things simple for now). So, for example, I need to create a new object
> that is BuisinessLocationView, which contains BuinessLocation.id,
> BusinessLocation.name, Business.id and Buiness.name . Then, in some
> cases, I want to use such views like BusinessLocationView as a
> collection within Business, and as a standalone collection, and also
> have the ability to update its fields so the corresponding entities
> are updated with the changes (Business and BusinessLocation), and in
> some cases even add a new view like BusinessLocationView so it adds a
> new BusinessLocation.
>

> Is there a way to do this? Is that what @ViewModel is for?
>

> I would appreciate If you could point me to any sample that might help.
>

> Cesar.
>

> ---

---