On Monday, March 17, 2014 06:17:10 PM Adam Retter wrote:

> We did try using the:
>
> "yourSPARQLEndpoint elda:supportsNestedSelects true."
>
> Although I think we found that the option was actually (non-plural):
>
> "yourSPARQLEndpoint elda:supportsNestedSelect true."

Oops, sorry.

> However, whilst Elda reported that it did indeed support the
> NestedSelect, it continued to create that absolutely massive union for
> our query.
>
> The good news is my colleague Rob was able to change Elda's config
> file so that it generated a much simpler query for us. So we have now
> moved past that one. If anyone wants more info on this, please say,
> and I will ask him to post some detail.

I think this is a problem with views that ask for labels on the viewed
items (ie based on the view called "all", referenced with
"api:labelledDescribeViewer"). The code that requests the object
labels doesn't have a fallback if there are lotsandlots of selected
items.

If the fix Rob made was to change from labelledDescribeViewer to
a simpler viewer like api:describerViewer then that's a confirmation
and I'll add an issue to the issues list.

Chris

--
"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."/Gaudy Night/

Epimorphics Ltd, http://www.epimorphics.com
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)