Wrong URL: It will be something like

   http://foobar:3030/myDatasetName/data

which is the service endpoint for the Graph Store protocol by default. (It needs a config file to change it - the UI puts it there automatically) where the query one is http://foobar:3030/myDatasetName/query and the SPARQL Update one is http://foobar:3030/myDatasetName/update.

"myDatasetName" is whatever you you decided to call it.

((
What you have actually done is POSTed to the web pages serving part of the UI at index.html. It just returns the web page. if anything POSTs to an HTML page, the content is thrown away (AFAIK true for all webservers).
))

        Andy