Should be - let's try it!

    Andy

On 05/04/17 19:25, Dick Murray wrote:
Ok, I'm forked from apache/jena on GitHub at
https://github.com/dick-twocows/jena.git, is it sufficient for me to issue
a PR from here?

I'm hoping it's fairly agnostic... :-)

The transform code is not in the Jena fork because, I don't really know
why! Concept is it's not a TTL but a CSV so use the appropriate handler to
transform and load.

On 5 April 2017 at 12:54, Andy Seaborne <[email protected]> wrote:



On 04/04/17 20:26, Dick Murray wrote:

I'd be happy to supply the current code we have, just need to get the
current project delivered (classic spec delivered after the code due
date!)
Will tidy and do a pull request if anyone is interested..?


Interested.

Because it was written for your needs, I'd guess it can be a basis for
general binary.  So a PR sooner would be my preference, less worrying about
fit to Jena at this stage.

Without knowing what you have ...

What would be good is to add to the existing collection of readers/writers
for RDF+SPARQL results and drive off the MIME type.

And a "remote graph".find(G,S,P,O) for those bnode things.


A PR is an easy way to view the code even if it isn't ready for
inclusion.  A PR can be evolved as discussion happens.


We also check the file type and possibly transform before the load. But
this is a simple map lookup so shouldn't cause any issues.

Our bulk load isn't RDF patch, it's a load of one or more data files into
a
new graph possibly with a transform performed at some point in the future,
which you check by querying the load ID...


I'm interested in seeing the transform process.

The base line is a binary version of all the current Fuseki interactions -
to me, a transform framework is a separate, related thing. (Break the
problem into smaller steps in order for "volunteers" to make progress ...)

        Andy


Dick


On 4 Apr 2017 8:15 pm, "Andy Seaborne" <[email protected]> wrote:



On 04/04/17 19:02, Dick Murray wrote:

Slightly lateral on the topic but we use a Thrift endpoint compiled
against
Jena to allow multiple languages to use Jena. Think interface supporting
sparql, sparul and bulk load...


I'd like to put in binary versions of the protocols behind a
RDFConnection.

Bulk load would be RDF patch -- "bulk changes".

        Andy



On 3 Apr 2017 6:36 pm, "Martynas Jusevičius" <[email protected]>
wrote:

By using uniform protocols such as HTTP and SPARQL (over HTTP), you

decouple server implementation from client implementation.

You can execute SPARQL commands on Fuseki using PHP, C#, JavaScript or
any other language. But that involves networking.

You can only use the Jena API from Java (and then some JVM-compatible
languages).

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 5:02 PM, javed khan <[email protected]>
wrote:

Thank you Lorenz, I have read that website but unfortunately did not get
the concept. Let me try to read it again.



On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Lorenz Buehmann <
[email protected]> wrote:

Javed ...


I'll simply cite the "slogan" from the web page [1] and recommend to
read [2]

"Fuseki: serving RDF data over HTTP"



[1] https://jena.apache.org/documentation/serving_data/

[2] https://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/


On 03.04.2017 14:54, javed khan wrote:

Hi

Why we need fuseki server in semantic web applications. We can run

SPARQL


queries without it, like we do using Jena syntax.










Reply via email to