On 12/04/17 09:49, Laura Morales wrote:
The question is a bit unclear. If there is no existing vocabulary that
you can resp. want to reuse, then you have to use your own vocabulary
which basically just means to use your own URIs for the predicates.

Right, so let's say I don't want to define any new vocabulary, but I just want to use some predicates. For example a predicate called "predicate1" and "predicate2". These are not
meant to be shared, I use them for whatever reason and I take full responsibility to shooting myself in the foot. Is there any "catch-all" or "default/undefined" vocabulary that I can
use? I mean something like a default vocabulary that parses as valid URIs, but whose meaning is undefined (= the interpretation is left to the user)? Something like "<subject>
<undefined:predicate1> <object>" and "<subject> <undefined:predicate2> <object>"... I wonder if I should use "<subject> <_:predicate1>
<object>" but I'm not sure?!

Just use a predicate - make up a URI.

<http://example/s> <http://example/myPredicate> <http://example/o> .

Vocabularies are a way to organise predicates (etc) - basic RDF has URIs for predicates, no notion of vocabularies.

I wonder if I should use "<subject> <_:predicate1> <object>" but I'm not sure?!

It has to be a URI and "_" isn't a valid URI scheme.

    Andy

(RIOT treats <_:....> as blank nodes but they still have to be in a legal position.)