can i ask for clarification (my application is perhaps somewhat similar to Laura's):

when i use the sparql update protokoll to store data, am i not using fuseki? I define my TDB in fuseki (in the run/configuration directory) and i start a fuseki server which is the endpoint to receive the update queries. i had the impression, that s-put is essentially doing wget to the sparql endpoint.

is this (more or less) a correct understanding? how would one start the TDB or TDB2 server without fuseki?

andrew