Thanks Andy.

I don't understand : 'update' queries work in UI most of the time (and when I re-write this 'delete' query, it works... Of course I have to give http://localhost:3030/MyDataset or http://localhost:3030/MyDataset/update as endpoint url (above dialog box), not http://localhost:3030/MyDataset/query).

Besides, I'm not sure the problem didn't occur with 'select' or other 'read-only' queries (I'll report the case if it happens).

BUT the error message (see here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffl-misc/files/fuseki_strange_errors ) says

Encountered " "delete" "delete "" at line 19, column 1.
Was expecting one of:
    "base" ...
    "prefix" ...
    "select" ...
    "json" ...
    "describe" ...
    "construct" ...
    "ask" ...
     (7 ms)

and not 'delete', 'insert', so maybe the parser doesn't like updates as you said.

-- Another case, maybe irrelevant for this problem, where I get errors : I often try a query in the UI first, and then copy-paste the string in a custom script to reuse it with command-line tools (the script passes the query string to other scripts such as s-query, tdbquery, s-update). I noticed that the 'auto-formatting' (indentation, spaces, code folds, etc) in the UI dialog box inserts 'special characters' and sometimes I have to chop them to get the script working. Maybe there's something wrong with a special character in this 'delete' query too? (N.B. : I don't remember if the error message is 'lexical error' or 'parse error' in this case)

-- a final point (don't know if it's relevant either) : I use only Firefox, didn't try with other browsers. Do you think the problem could be linked to javascript or some other piece of the web interface in firefox (maybe a bug in firefox itself) ?