This looks great! A few comments

* I think it would be useful to start with a complete example (ready to copy/paste) and then break it down bit by bit * Some of the formatting is funky (gratuitous newlines), also I think 2 spaces looks nicer than 4
* In the text, it might be useful to embolden or italicize class names

Also, maybe we should move this to a separate thread?