@Neha Narkede

Though monitoring the health of Kafka & Zookeeper clusters directly is
useful, it might not be enough.
Consider the following scenario:

You have a client consuming messages. Zookeeper and kafka nodes are
healthy. The monitor says everything is ok. For some reason, a connection
between client and zookeeper  fails (new firewall rule or connectivity
issues between different data centers, doesn't really matter). Since the
zookeeper and kafka nodes are still healthy, the monitor is still reporting
OK. The client retries to reconnect indefinitely, but unless a human is
watching the logs, the problem is not visible by anybody.

Having a listener which is invoked when the connection state is changed is
something that is provided by other messaging frameworks. Having this
feature added to kafka would be a nice addition.

Thanks,
Alex