Hi,

I have a scenario where I have 1 partition and 1 consumer group having 2
consumer threads running say C1 and C2. Since there is only one partition
for a given topic, say C1 is holding that partition. Now due to some reason
if C1 dies, can C2 get hold of that partition?

i.e. C1 was busy with KafkaStream instance, for any reason if C1 dies or in
hung state, Can we make C2 talking to KafkaStream (for Partition 0).
I am facing this issue where I have 10 messages in partition 0 and C1 was
consuming it. At message 4, C1 went into hung state. Now I would like to
make C2 to consumer other messages which are not consumed by C1.

Thank and regards,
Srini