If C1 dies, C2 will be owning that partition. However, C1 has to really
die, which typically means that either you close the consumer connector or
the jvm of C1 is gone.

In your case, it seems that C1 didn't die, it just hung. Do you know why C1
hung?

Thanks,

Jun

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Srinivas Reddy Kancharla <getre...@gmail.com