We are having issues with producers and consumers frequently fully
disconnecting (from both the brokers and ZK) and reconnecting without any
apparent cause. On our production systems it can happen anywhere from every
10-15 seconds to 15-20 minutes. On our less beefy test systems and
developer laptops, it can happen almost constantly.

We see no errors in the logs (sample attached), just a message for each of
our our consumers and producers disconnecting, then reconnecting. On the
systems where it happens constantly, the consumers are not making any
progress.

The logs on the brokers are equally unhelpful, they show only frequent
connects and reconnects, without any apparent cause.

What could be causing this behavior?