How busy are the clients?

The brokers occasionally close idle connections, this is normal and
typically not something to worry about.
However, this shouldn't happen to consumers that are actively reading data.

I'm wondering if the "consumers not making any progress" could be due to a
different issue, and because they are idle, the connection closes (vs the
other way around).